How to Allow Printing Without Authentication on a Konica Minolta MFP
In most cases, Konica Minolta printing is tracked through Windows or Fiery tracking, rather than using Argos OnBoard. There are two settings that need to be configured to allow this - one on the panel of the device, and one in the driver on the print server.
Enable Print Without Authentication on the device panel
- Click the Utility/Counter button on your Konica Minolta device (to the right of the touch screen)
- Click Administrator Settings
- If prompted, enter your administrator password. The default password is 12345678 (or 1234567812345678). If neither of the default passwords are accepted, contact your KM representative.
- Click User Authentication/ Account Track
- Click Print without Authentication
- Click Allow
- Click OK and exit the administrator settings
Disable User Authentication in the device driver
In addition to allowing Print without Authentication on the device, User Authentication also needs to be disabled in the device driver. In an environment with a central print server, this setting only needs to be configured once. In an environment where users have print queues that print directly to the MFP without passing through a server, this setting should be configured on each workstation. For this reason, we strongly recommend using a single queue shared off a server.
- Right-click the print queue and choose Printer Properties.
- Click the Configure tab
- Click Obtain Settings
- Uncheck the Auto box, and enter your device administrator password. The default password is 12345678 (or 1234567812345678). If neither of the default passwords are accepted, contact your KM representative.
- Click OK to return to the Configure tab
- Select User Authentication from the Device Option list
- Change the setting to Disable
- Click OK to save the changes.
Enable User Authentication in the web UI
Some Konica Minolta models also require User Authentication to be enabled in the web interface for the PIN prompt to appear (in addition to disabling the setting in the driver and on the panel).
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the Konica Minolta device into the address bar.
- Select the radio button next to Administrator and click Login.
- A password prompt will be presented. The default password is 12345678 (or 1234567812345678). If neither of the default passwords are accepted, contact your KM representative.
- On the User Auth/Account Track tab, General Settings section, click the User Authentication drop down list and select ON(MFP). Click OK to save the change.
- If the Argos OnBoard for Konica agent has already been installed, remove and re-install the agent.
The device is now configured to allow all printing without authentication.