What is Argos OnBoard for Xerox?
Argos OnBoard for Xerox automatically uploads new users to your Xerox MFP, enables Secure Release and Global Print functionality, and tracks all copy, print and scan activity.
Learn more about Argos OnBoard for Xerox.
Try a fully-functional 10-day trial of Argos today!
How do I configure my device to use Argos OnBoard for Xerox?
The 550/560 series devices can be configured either at the device panel, or through the web admin page. The following steps describe how to configure and enable Network Accounting via the web admin page.
- Open the IP address of the device in a web browser. If your device has a Fiery RIP controller, add ":8080" to the end. Example: *http://192.168.1.100:8080\* (http://192.168.1.100:8080*)
- Click the Properties tab
- If prompted to log in, the default credentials are admin/1111.
- Click "Accounting>Accounting Configuration
- Change "Accounting Type" to "Network Accounting"
- If you plan to require users to enter a PIN code when making copies, enable "Auditron Mode - Copy".
- If you plan to require users to enter a PIN code in the device driver before printing, enable "Auditron Mode - Print".
- If you plan to require users to enter a PIN code when making scan to file jobs, enable one or more of the following: E-mail, Store to Folder, Scan to PC, Network Scanning"
- Set "Verify User Details" to "Yes"
- If you plan to require users to enter a PIN code in the device driver before printing, set "Verify User Details for Printer Jobs" to "Yes"
- Set "Customize User Prompts" to "Display User ID Prompt Only"
- Click "Apply"
- When prompted, click "Reboot Machine". This will stop any jobs currently being processed by the device.
- After the device reboots, run the "Synchronize Users" task in the Argos OnBoard for Xerox task within Argos Manager.