Argos 7 can import Billing Codes from any SQL-based accounting package. We can import directly from a table, or run an ad-hoc SQL query to format the data as required.
- Name of SQL Server (and SQL instance, if applicable)
- Name of SQL database
- SQL Username/password with a minimum of READ rights on the desired tables
Set up SQL Import
- In Argos Manager, Projects section, click the gear icon at the bottom of the list of projects (top window pane) and select Import.
- In the Automate Projects window, from the Data source drop down list, select ODBC source (SQL, Oracle, etc). Click the Configure link.
- In the Project Import Settings window, click the ellipse (...) button next to the Connection string: field.
- In the Data Link Properties window, on the Provider tab, select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server and click Next.
- In the Data Link Properties window, on the Connection tab, enter the server and instance name (if defined) into the field for step #1 (i.e. SERVERNAME\INSTANCENAME). In step #2, select the radio button next to Use a specific user name and password. Enter SQL credentials for the source database into the User name and Password fields and check the box next to Allow saving password. In step #3, select the radio button next to Select the database on the server, click the drop down list and select the source database from the list. Click Test Connection to confirm connectivity.
- Click OK to the connection successful confirmation message
- In the Data Link Properties window, click OK to save the database connection settings.
- In the Project Import Settings window, select the radio button next to Use table, click the drop down list and select the table that contains the projects. Once the table has been selected, click the drop down lists for Number & Name and select the table columns that contain the data values. To select projects for import based on their Active or Inactive status, check the box next to Active and select the field name containing the status indication from the drop down list. Select the radio button next to one of the status value options and select the related value (i.e. Active = A). Repeat the assignment steps for the remaining fields as needed. Click Preview to view a sample of the project format.
- After reviewing the project format in the Import data preview window, click Close
- To import additional tiers, click on the tier tab (i.e. Phase), check the box next to Include this tier in the import process and repeat the process outlined in step #8. Click OK to save the import settings.
- In the Automate Projects window, select the Argos Integration server local to the site location (if necessary). Check the box next to De-activate orphaned codes to update the project list based on status. To automate the import task, check the box next to Enabled and click the Schedule... button.
- In the Set schedule window, select the frequency that the task should run. Click OK.
- In the Automate Projects window, click Save. To execute the import immediately, click Run now.
- Click OK to close the Import Finished successful message.
It is possible to run custom queries against your SQL database to filter Billing Codes on additional criteria.
- Follow steps #1-7 above.
- In the Project Import Settings window, select the radio button next to Use SQL statement and click the Edit SQL button.
- In the Edit SQL statement window, enter the custom query and click OK.
- Continue from step #8 above to map the table fields and complete the import setup.
Sample custom SQL import queries
Below are links to sample import queries for some common accounting packages. They can be used as a starting point for customizing the export to match the requirements of the accounting package configuration.