Argos Desktop Client for Mac can be installed from a network location (\\YOURSERVER\Argos7Installers\Mac), directly from the Argos Communication Service (http://YOURSERVER:7080/cs/agent) or through any Mac deployment software, such as Apple Remote Desktop or Casper.
Argos 7 supports the following Mac OSX versions:
- 10.5 (Leopard)
- 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- 10.7 (Lion)
- 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- 10.9 (Mavericks)
- 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 10.11 (El Capitan)
- 10.12 (Sierra)
- Browse to your Communication Service agent installation URL (http://YOURSERVER:7080/cs/agent) and download Sepialine.dmg
- Run the file to create the "Argos Desktop Billing Client" mounted drive on the desktop
- Open the drive and select "Argos Desktop Billing Client.pkg"
- Click "Continue" to begin the installation
- Select a destination ("Install for all users of this computer" is the default) and click "Continue"
- Click "Install" to continue
- Enter an administrator username/password to continue
- Click "Close" once the installation has finished
Configuring the Client
- After installation, the Preferences window will appear. You can also click the "A" icon in the task bar and choose "Preferences..."
- Click the Mac "lock" icon to make changes to preferences
- Enter the IP address or name of the server running Argos Communication service, and click "Test"
- A confirmation box will appear, click "OK", then "Done"
By default, Argos Desktop Client for Mac tracks all printing sent from the Mac, and prompts users to interactively bill activity. To disable either of these options, click the "Functions" tab and uncheck the appropriate box.
The settings on the "Advanced" tab should not be changed unless specifically requested by a member of the Sepialine Support team.
Argos Desktop Client for Mac can be deployed as a package through most Mac software deployment tools, such as Apple Remote Desktop and Casper.
- Install the client on one Mac using the manual installation procedures listed above
- Copy Argos Desktop Billing Client.pkg from the mounted drive to your desktop, or other preferred location
- Click the "Create package file" button on the General preferences page
- Select the pkg file from the desktop and click "Open"
- Type a name for the new package and click "Save"
- Deploy the pre-configured client to your Macs through your favorite Mac deployment software