Cisco CallManager 4 stores records in a SQL database. The following information is required to configure a Cisco CallManager 4 adapter:
- SQL Server name
- SQL database name
- SQL username
- SQL password
Requiring user authentication on public phones
Cisco CallManager 4 supports user authentication, which allows conference room and other common area phones to require a user extension before a call can be made.
- Set public phones to require code entry in Cisco CallManager (refer to Cisco documentation to configure this)
- Check "Push user extensions to database" in Argos Cisco CallManager 4 adapter
- Enter name of SQL table where codes are stored (typically CCM0301, but can vary)
- Checking "Delete existing user extensions" will delete the list from Cisco every time. Leave this blank if any codes are stored in CCM0301 that are not also in Argos
- Extensions are updated once an hour. If "Force user extension push during the next execution" is checked, extensions will be pushed in the next minute.