The Creo Color Server (aka Xerox Creo) adapter allows you to track printing and reprinting on devices using Creo Color Servers.
To install, you will need the following:
- Location of Creo MDB database file
- Access to Argos Manager
Creo Color uses Microsoft Access to store its accounting log. Due to a security feature of Microsoft Access, the Argos Application server component must be installed on the computer where the Creo log file is generated.
Configuring your device in Argos Manager
- Open Argos Manager and browse to Devices and Terminals
- From the right-side menu, double-click Advanced Tracking>Xerox Creo
- Enter the location of the Creo Account.mdb database file
- Leave "Default Paper Size" as Letter
- Click "OK"
Advanced Paper Sizes
The standard paper sizes defined on a Creo Color Server are PB_11_P (Letter) and PB_17_P (Tabloid). If there are additional paper sizes configured on your Creo server, you can enter them here.
- Click "Advanced Paper Sizes..." button in adapter
- Click "Add"
- Enter the name of your Creo paper size and map it to an existing Argos paper size name
Custom Media Types
By default, Argos detects color/BW usage assigns one media to the Creo activity. When multiple paper types are used with a device, Argos can automatically define the correct type based on information retrieved from the Creo.
- Identify which paper types will be used on the device (e.g. Recycled, Fine, Coated, etc)
- Create Media types in Argos Manager to match
- Click "Media Types..." button in Creo Adapter settings
- Define any media types that should be configured.
Argos assigns color usage independently of media, but the Creo adapter does allow you to define different media based on color usage and paper type.