To install Argos OnBoard for Ricoh, HTTPS mode must be enabled. Follow these steps to enable HTTPS on a Ricoh device:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the Ricoh in the URL bar
- Click Login.
- Enter administrative credentials and click Login (default username is admin, password is blank. Contact your Ricoh provider if you are unable to log in)
- Click Device Management and Configuration
- Under the Security section, select Device Certificate
- Check if there is a certificate already installed (likely Certificate1). If there is already a certificate installed it will say Installed under certificate status. Skip the rest of these instructions if this is the case.
- If there is not a certificate installed, select the radio button next to Certificate1 and press the create button
- Leave all the certificate fields set to the defaults and press the OK button
- Once the certificate has been created if you navigate to the Device Certificate section again you should see a status of Installed next to Certificate1. Click OK to return to the Configuration page
- Back on the Configuration page, in the Security section click on SSL/TLS
- Click the drop down list next to Permit SSL/TLS Communication and select Ciphertext/Cleartext. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click Logout
The Argos OnBoard for Ricoh client can now be installed.