Occasionally, Argos encounters print driver versions that sends incorrect information about the quantity or dimensions of a print job. in these cases, the default tracking configuration can be changed to ensure accurate tracking.
- In Argos Manager > Reports & Data section, double-click on the device to open the properties window.
- In the device properties window, on the Windows & Mac queues tab, click the Show Advanced settings button. Make sure the Enable enhanced parser box is checked. Remove the check mark next to the box associated with the job detail that is incorrect (i.e. page count, copy count or paper size/dimensions). Click OK to save the changes.
If the issue is persisting, diagnostic log files can be generated for further review.
- Follow steps 1-2 above to re-open the printer properties window. Click the ellipsis button next to the print queue name (in the Edit column). In the Print Queue Tracking Configuration window, in the Printer Diagnostic Data section, check the box next to Save diagnostic data to file. In the Diagnostic data folder path field, enter the name of the directory on the printer server to save the diagnostic files. Click OK.
- On the system where the print jobs are spooling, browse to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sepialine\Argos7\Agent directory, right-click on the Agent.Hosts.AgentService.exe.config file and select Edit.
- Search the file text for the string Set Sepialine logging here. Update the associated level value to DEBUG. Save the file changes.
- On the system where the print jobs are spooling, go to Start > Run, type services.msc and click OK.
- In the windows services console, right-click the Argos Agent service and select Restart.
- Send a print job to reproduce the issue.
- Collect the files from the folder defined in step #1. Browse to the C:\ProgramData\Sepialine\Logs\Agent.Hosts.AgentService_SYSTEM folder and collect the Agent log files. Email both sets of files to email@example.com for review.
- Un-check the Save diagnostic data to file box that was configured in step #1.
- Change the logging level value from steps 2 - 3 for the Agent.Hosts.AgentService.exe.config file back to WARN from DEBUG.
- Restart the Argos Agent service from steps 4 - 5.