In some network environments, Sharp copier are not able to communicate using SSL and will generate the error shown below:
To disable SSL communications for the Argos OnBoard for Sharp agent, follow the steps below:
- On the Argos Application server, browse to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sepialine\Argos7\SharpOnBoard directory. Right-click on the AppServer.SharpOnBoard.Service.exe.config file and select Edit.
- Search the file text for SharpOnBoardEncryptedTransport and change the associated value to False. Save the file changes.
- On the Argos server, go to Start > Run, type services.msc and click OK.
- In the services window, right-click on the Argos OnBoard for Sharp service and select Restart.
- In a web browser, enter the IP address of the Sharp MFP into the address bar. Enter administrative credentials (default: L/N=admin P/W=admin) and click Login(P).
- On the left side of the window, click Application Settings > External Applications Settings > External Accounting Application Settings. In the External Accounting Application Settings window, change the entries for the Address for Application UI: and Address for Web Service to use http instead of https. Click Submit(U).
- Click Reboot Now(C).